Thank you to all visitors to school over the past 3 weeks for your positive response to the new measures we have in place at drop off and pick up times. Collection time in particular has been tricky with lots of queues but you have all been very patient and understanding. As we move into tighter restrictions across the North East, we are altering our routines slightly to improve safety measures for you and for our staff:
– Staff will wear visors when on the yard at the beginning and end of the day.
– We are asking all adults, unless exempt, to wear a face covering when queueing to collect children at the end of the day as 2m social distancing is not always possible.
– Please use the markings on the school pathways and playgrounds when waiting for your child/children
– Please do not just pop in to the school office. This has been increasingly happening. If you have forgotten to send your child in with something, please contact the school office by telephone.
We have also had several enquiries about childcare under the new tighter North East restrictions. Advice we have been given from the Local Authority is that:
– Households with only one adult in the home may form an exclusive support bubble with one other household only.
– You must not host or meet anyone you do not live with in your home or garden unless part of your support bubble.
– Friends or family you do not live with (or are not in your support bubble) must not visit your home to help with childcare and your child must not go to another person’s house for childcare unless they are a registered childminder.
– Where parents are separated, children may stay with both parents.